A 2006 graduate of Columbia College Chicago with a degree in Theatre Arts, for the last four years I have worked with children, youth, and adults in the United States and Latin America, using art, theater, and storytelling as tools for creative problem-solving, team building, and community organizing. I offer one, two, and three-day workshops tailored to each group’s age, goals, and level of artistic experience. Previous workshops include:
- Know Your Rights with the fifth and six graders of San Antonio de las Rosas, México
- Recycling education with children ages three to ten in San Cristóbal de las Casas, México
- Team-building with the community radio station Radio Ixchel in Sumpango, Guatemala
- Playback theater with ArtCorps in Antigua, Guatemala
- Immigrant rights with FOMMA in San Cristóbal de las Casas, México
- Self-esteem with the youth association ADJECC in Cantel, Guatemala
- Iraq History Project at DePaul College of Law in Chicago, Illinois
- Art and resistance with the International Human Rights Law Institute in Chicago, Illinois
If you are interested in organizing a workshop for your school, group, or organization, send me a message introducing yourself and I will get back to you with my upcoming availability and when I will be in your area next.To learn more about my work, read the RKA biography or check out the RKA photo gallery.
I look forward to hearing from you!